- Do you have an interest in expanding your product to appeal to other cultures?
- Going global?
- Are you training employees whose first language is not English?
- Do you represent clients that do not speak English?
- Having trouble communicating important information to a diverse population?
- Do you have trouble conveying correct medical terms to your patients?
Do you have trouble conveying correct medical terms to your patients?
ALC can provide translators and interpreters with the appropriate background, experience, and training to communicate technical medical terminology to your patient(s) in their native language to increase your patient’s level of understanding about complex medical procedures.
Affecting Health Care
Proper Medical Care May Be Hampered by Lack of Qualified Interpreters
"Some 50 million people living in the U.S. speak languages other than English in their homes, and 22 million speak only limited English." "The emergency workers didn't speak Spanish so they assumed she was saying he was intoxicated. But the word also means "sick in the stomach" in Spanish.
"It took 48 hours for hospital workers to do a CT scan," Flores says. "It turned out that he had large blood clots in his brain probably resulting from a ruptured artery."
The boy ended up losing the use of both arms and legs as a result of the treatment delay. He sued the hospital, which settled out of court for $71 million"